POSTMA, Seerp.                                                                                       RVPS

Nationality: Dutch.
Born: 27-09-1921, Bedum.
Occupation: Law Student.
Religion: Protestant.
Political Association: Nil.
Languages: Dutch, French, German and English.

Father: Geert POSTMA, headmaster, born 17-05-1889, 7 Faas Kliaslaan, Baarn.
Mother: Hantzen, nee PRAAMSMA, born 20-05-1894, same address as father.

Brother: Otto, born 25-08-1917, forced labour in Germany.
Brother: Marius Gerard Hans, born 16-03-1934, living with parents.
Sister: Boukje, born July 1919, school teacher.
Sister: Jantje Theodora, born 25-02-1925, living with parents.

Other relatives.
Uncle Jan PRAAMSMA, furniture dealer, 11 Kelders, Leeuwarden.
Uncle: Anne VELTMAN, bookkeeper, living at Leeuwarden.

Last permanent address: 7 Faas Eliaslaan, Baarn, Holland.

Dutch Passport A33654, issued Madrid 07-02-1944.
Visas: 717 issued Madrid 23-02-1944.
Certificate issued by the police, Madrid 08-02-1944.
Transit Visa dated 25-02-1944 Santa Antonio.

Port of embarkation: Gibraltar.
Date & Port of arrival: 16-0301944 Liverpool ex S.S. Orduna.
Date of arrival at RPS: 15-04-1944.


1. POSTMA attended his father's school at Baarn until the age of 13. He then went to the Grammar School at Hilversum until he passed his University Entrance Examination in July 1940. He spent the summer Vacation at home and in September 1940 he entered the Calvanistic University at Amsterdam and commenced his Law studies.

2. POSTMA was registered in Baarn, but he took a room in Amsterdam at the house of a Mrs. J. BEEKMAN, 14 Overtoom. POSTMA states that at this time the Germans were not interfering very much with University life in Holland. Professors were allowed to retain their chairs and provided they did not introduce anti-National Socialist propaganda into their lectures, they were not troubled by the German authorities. The real trouble did not start until February 1943 when, after the killing of General SEYFFARDT, Head of the Dutch SS, the Germans arrested about 22.000 students from various Universities. Among those arrested was POSTMA's brother Jan. Soon after this, all students and Professors were required to sign a declaration of loyalty to the Third Reich, as a result of which the Calvinistic University at Amsterdam closed its doors for good.

3. On entering the University in September 1940 POSTMA joined the Studental Society, or Korps, there known as the N.D.D.D. (Nil Desperandum Der Duce). Meetings were held once a week where chiefly cultural subjects were discussed. there was no active working against the Germans, though anti- National Socialist views were expressed. The attitude of the Korps was described by POSTMA as one of strict neutrality, in order to safeguard its existence.

4. During the whole period of his stay in Amsterdam, POSTMA engaged in no active work against the Germans. He did not come into contact with any members of a underground organisation. He states that he concentrated exclusively on his Law studies. POSTMA went home almost every weekend while at Amsterdam and quite frequently, especially at holiday times, he went to help on a little farm near Amsterdam.

5. This farm was called "Wylen Ty" near Sloterdijk, 7 kilometers from Amsterdam and was owned by a friend of his, JOHAN GEHRELS. POSTMA denied that his visits to the farm were in any way connected with Black Market activities.

6. Among POSTA's particular friends at the University were:

Barend BIESHEUVEL, Westhoff, Spaarndam.

Rudi RENTING, Eemnesserweg, Baarn.

Both Law students like himself. He states that both of them are now in hiding somewhere in Holland. POSTMA passed his first Law Examination in October 1941 and continued studying for his second exam until the end of the Christmas Term 1942. He states that during the whole of the time he lived the normal life of a student and that the period was completely uneventful as far as he was concerned.

7. For a long time before 1942 he had been thinking of escaping from Holland, but his friends had continually persuaded him that it was more important to carry on with his studies. Finally, at the end of 1942, foreseeing trouble and persecution in the student world, he decided that the time had come to get away.

8. POSTMA's uncle, Jan PRAAMSMA, gave him the address of a certain Mr. HARMANNI who had a bookshop in the harbour area at Delfzijl. POSTMA wanted to sign on a ship bound for Sweden, so he went to see HARMANNI and ask his advice, since he was acquainted with shipping matters and numbered many ship's Officers among his friends. HARMANNI made enquiries for him but found there was possibility; POSTMA being a student and not having any sea experience.

9. POSTMA then went to the Shipping Office of GRUNC & Co. at Delfzijl. This place seems to have been more or les discharging the function of our M.N. Reserve Pool Office. here POSTMA was advised to go to Rotterdam and try to sign on one of the River Steamers, whereby he could gain experience and become eligible for a sea-going vessel. At this time it was not forbidden by the Germans for students to sign on Netherlands ships. It was not until later in the year that students were forbidden to work for any Netherlands Companies, in any capacity.

10. After various unsuccessful visits to Rotterdam POSTMA succeeded on 20-02-1943 in signing on the "ISUNG", a River transport of 1400 tons, belonging to the NEDERLANDSCHE TRASPORT MAATSCHAPPIJ. The Captain of the "ISUNG"was called P. BAKKER and is described as:

Rather short, corpulent, grey-haired, ruddy complexion.

The boat proceeded via Ruhrort to Aschaffenburg-am-Main, with a cargo of iron ore. POSTMA went ashore at Ruhrort and Aschaffenburg, but states he made no acquaintances at either place. He visited various cafes, but does not recall any names.

11. At Rotterdam POSTMA had been issued with a Rheinschiffers Pass and this enabled him to get ashore without any trouble. At the Dutch-German frontier however, the boat was boarded by a number of German Wasserpolizei, who interrogated him for about half-an-hour. POSTMA told his interrogator that he had just left school and was anxious to see a bit of the world. His somewhat vague story was accepted and he was allowed to proceed.

12. The ship returned to Rotterdam a few days before Easter 1943 and on Easter Monday POSTMA deserted and returned home to his parents in Baarn. After a week at home he went again to see HARMANNI at Delfzijl. he hoped that now, with his experience on the River Steamer, he would be able to sign on a ship bound for Sweden. HARMANNI was unable to help and after five or six visits to Delfzijl in the course of the next fortnight, POSTMA gave up the project of signing on a sea-going ship altogether.

13. After about two months at home, during which he paid several visits to his friend Johan GEHRELS, POSTMA managed to sign on the Rhine barge "JULIA" at Dordrecht at the end of June 1943. The shipper of the "JULIA was J. GOEDHART, described as:

Aged about 52, short, medium build, almost bald, tanned complexion.

POSTMA signed on this boat with the intention of escaping from Holland and he states he got engaged as a member of the crew in the following manner.

14. He approached the skipper in a café, showed him his Rheinschiffers Pass and was engaged on the spot. The skipper took POSTMA's pass to the skipping Office and completed the rest of the formalities himself. The barge proceeded to Dortmund, where POSTMA went ashore and visited various cafés, of which he remembers no names. At Dortmund he also got leave from the ship to visit his brother who was working at a factory at Neckarels (
Neckarelz). He remained two days at Neckarels where he stayed at the "Gasthaus zum Anker" with his brother. POSTMA states that this journey was completely unauthorised, but as he spoke excellent German he was able to look after himself and avoid controls.

15. After discharging its cargo of iron ore at Dortmund, the "JULIA" returned via the Ruhr to Dordrecht. They then made a short journey to Brussels and back, after which they loaded up with a cargo of iron  and proceeded to Dusseldorf. From Dusseldorf POSTMA paid another visit to his brother at Neckarelz and stayed in the same small hotel for one night. There was a control at Heidelberg Station by the Feldgendarmerie, but POSTMA succeeded in avoiding it. POSTMA states that at all these inland ports on Germany that he visited, anyone dressed in the familiair blue pullover and trousers of the barges could wander about without any fear of being asked for his papers, provided he was sensible enough to keep within reasonable distance from the river front.

16. From Dusseldorf POSTMA returned with the "JULIA" to Dordrecht about 25th August. He left the boat at Dordrecht because he found that it was not going to proceed to France via the Sambre, as he had been given to understand. He did not really desert this time, in that he left with the Skipper's permission, the two of them having become firm friends.

17. From the beginning of September to the end of October POSTMA remained at home, more or less in hiding and managing all the time to avoid the German authorities. On 25-10-1943 he went to Maastricht and met a French boatman called André SOMERS, who had a small barge called the "MAOUNE". POSTMA told him he wanted to get to France to work on a Dutch farm there and he asked to be allowed to work his passage in the barge. SOMERS agreed to this, but as POSTMA had to go back to Baarn to get his luggage, he told him he would have to join the barge at Liege as he could not wait. On the Sunday, POSTMA having collected his luggage and crossed the frontier to Maastricht on foot, there was a relaxed control at the frontier post and POSTMA explained that he had missed his boat at Maastricht and was proceeding to Liege to re-join it there. Since the official was Dutch and sympathetic (it was only on weekdays that a German was on duty) POSTMA was allowed to proceed.

18. He joined the "MAOUNE" at Liege and they proceeded via the Meuse to Namur and thence along the Sambre to Charleroi. At Charleroi POSTMA reported personally to the German Inland Waterway Authorities on the Quay. He required their stamp on his Rheinschiffers Pass before he could cross the frontier and before he could get food coupons. The German official at the Office was not sure of the procedure, since he had only recently taken up duties there. he was going to refuse the stamp, but a Belgian official stepped in and told the German that his predecessor had given his stamp in similar case and that all was in order. After some hesitation, the German gave POSTMA the necessary stamp and he was allowed to proceed.

19. The "MAOUNE" crossed the frontier at Herquelines; SOMERS had intended to take his boat to Chalon-sur-Marne, but sabotage of the locks held him up at Mauberge. Here POSTMA left the boat on November 15th 1943 and went to Paris by train.

20. Before the war, POSTMA had known a certain Rev. MAASKRANT (
J. Maaskant), who was a pastor of a Dutch Protestant church somewhere in Paris. On arrival at the Gare du Nord, POSTMA having decided to try and get in touch with this pastor, asked a policeman for the addresses of Dutch Protestant churches in the city. The policeman consulted his reference book, but could not find the addresses of any Dutch Protestant churches. he did, however, give POSTMA the address of the Luxemburg Protestant church in the Porte St. Quen district.

21. POSTMA called there and the clergyman's wife sent him to see a Dutch woman, Miss EKERING, who lived at an address two minutes walk from the Porte St. Quen Metro Station. She sent him to the Netherlands Office in the Rue de Grenelles. With a considerable amount of reserve, the reception clerk said he would try to get POSTMA as far as Grenoble, but he would have to wait for about a fortnight.

22. Meanwhile POSTMA went to some Dutch farming friends, whom he had known before the war, the KONING family at La Chapelle de Mont Ligeon. While there he heard that the clerk at the Netherlands Office in Paris had been arrested. A certain Dutch girl, Guus BRUINZUIL (
Bruinzeel?), working at the farm, told POSTMA of a friend of hers in Paris, Miss Okhuizen, who might be able to help him.

23. POSTMA contacted Miss Okhuizen at 12 Square Gabriel Faure, near Villiers Metro Station. Miss Okhuizen is described as follows:

About 27, fairly robust, about 5'6" long brown hair.

Miss Okhuizen obtained flase French Identity Cards for POSTMA and a certain
Pieter DE VOS (RPS 19.743) whom POSTMA met for the first time at her house.

Catharina Elisabeth Okhuijsen aka Okhuysen. Born 29 Sep 1916 in Lisse, Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands.

During WWII Catharina was a member of the Dutch-Paris resistance line. Their main mission was to rescue people from the Nazis by hiding them or taking them to neutral countries. They also served as a clandestine courier service. Dutch-Paris was a transnational resistance network composed of over 330 men, women and teenagers living in occupied France, Belgium and the Netherlands as well as neutral Switzerland. Between 1942 and 1944 they rescued approximately 1,000 people from the Nazis, mostly Jews, resisters, labor draft evaders and downed Allied aviators. They supported some of these people in hiding and smuggled others into neutral Switzerland or Spain. Dutch-Paris also acted as a clandestine courier service throughout western Europe for the Dutch government-in-exile, other resistance groups, churches and families. Dutch-Paris claimed no national, political or religious affiliation.

Catharine's parents were expatriates running a farm about 40 kilometers south of Paris, and she was working as a secretary in Paris. Friend of Gabrielle Weidner, sister of Jean Weidner (leader of the Dutch-Paris line), she agreed to act as a private "bureau de change" for the refugees, exchanging Belgian francs for French ones (supplied by Weidner). With others she also was organizing the transfer of fugitives to Toulouse, the next stop in their road to freedom, and also acting as a courier, getting messages to Toulouse. Fugitives and resisters alike knew her fondly as "Oky".

24. On 10-12-1943 POSTMA and DE VOS, together with a Dutch Doctor and his wife, left the Gare d' Austerlitz for Toulouse on the 8 o'clock train in the evening. Miss Okhuizen pointed out to them a French girl whom they were to follow when the train got to Toulouse. There was no control at the demarcation line and they arrived at Toulouse at 9 o'clock in the morning. The girl took them to a church and then for a short time they were taken to a room in the Chambre de Jeunesse building. Here they were visited by a Dutchman called "JACQUES".

Rens, Jacques: een vluchteling uit België en een van Weidners hoofdluitenants vanaf de zomer van 1943.

25. In the evening "JACQUES" took them to a house in the Rue St. Ursule. They stayed here until Wednesday December 15th 1943, when they were visited by a passeur. he instructed them to proceed to the station. They were issued with tickets and told to get out of the train at Montrejeau. On arrival at Montrejeau they were met by Mr. CHARBONNIER and taken to a railway embankment where they waited two hours until a car was fetched. They then went by car a considerable distance in the darkness. they where then taken on foot to a cabin which was not very far from the Garonne. they slept at the cabin and were continually being joined by small groups of three and four people, whom the car had gone back to fetch.

26. next morning they began their walk into the hills. They reached another small farm in the evening. After a short rest they proceeded and walked all through the night. Next morning at about 5 o'clock they crossed into Spain and rested for a time at a small farm house. When it was light, POSTMA and Willem VAN DER ENDE, another member of the party, went down to a village in the valley called Beaussens, where they were later joined by:

DE VOS (RPS 19.743)
Hans KAHN (RPS 20.085)

27. From now on these four were together until the final arrival at Madrid. After interrogation by Carabinieri at Beaussens, they were taken to Les and next were put under residence forcee at the Hotel Antonie Serrano at Viella. After a few days they were taken via Esterri to Sort, where they were lodged in Hotel Pessets. After fourteen days, on 06-01-1944 they were moved to Lerida and remained for a month under residence forcee at the Hotel Las Quatro Naclones. At Lerida POSTMA became very friendly with a certain boot and shoe dealer called ROE, 24 Plasa de España, Lerida. Later, when POSTMA was at Madrid, they corresponded on two or three occasions.

28. On 06-02-1944 POSTMA and the others were taken with a civilian escort via Barcelona to Madrid. They went by bus to the Dutch Consulate and the Consul arranged for them to be lodged at the Hotel Internacional. A fortnight later POSTMA himself was sent by the Consulate in a party of 130 people, all Polish and Dutch to San Antonio in Portugal, where they were embarked on the S.S. Tenderfoot for Gibraltar. POSTMA embarked at Gibraltar for the UK on 08-03-1944 on the S.S. Ordune.


29. It seems rather strange that POSTMA was able to avoid controls so easily while sailing on the Inland Waterways of the Ruhr district. It is also noted that though POSTMA's brother was supposed to be in forced labour in Germany, he was comfortably housed at the Gasthaus zum Anker at Neckarels and POSTMA was able to stay with him there on two occasions without any questions being asked.

30. POSTMA's story of how he obtained the official German stamp to authorise him to cross the frontier into France is viewed with considerable suspicion. It is also noteworthy that POSTMA left Paris for Spain with Piter DE VOS (RPS 19.743) who is at the present detained at the RPS for further interrogation.

31. A perusal of DE VOS's report, however, does reveal that the account given by both of them agrees in all essentials.


32. POSTMA appears to be an intelligent and well-educated type of individual, but he did not give the impression of being absolutely sincere in his answers to questions asked. In my opinion his case may present some security interest.


33. In view of the trace summary at 3A it is recommended that POSTMA be detained for further interrogation.

MJMN                                                                                                     P.C. Morris
                                                                                                       (Attached to L.R.C.)


19.923                                                                                                            RVPS
25th April 1944.


Nationality: Dutch.
Born: 27th September 1921, Bedum.
Occupation: Law Student.

                                                                        2nd REPORT

1. POSTMA was seen again today in order to go further into the various parts of his story.

2. After he had finally decided to attempt to reach Sweden in the hope that he might be sent from there to the UK, where he wished to be accepted by the Royal Dutch Navy, POSTMA stated that he very soon discovered how difficult it was for a person who had just completed his studies to obtain employment on a sea-going vessel and having obtained the advice of HARMANNI with regard to a possible vessel from Delfzijl and realising that the position was hopeless, he decided on the next best thing, namely to take employment aboard inland navigation vessels in the hope, at all events, of being able to reach France, from which country he thought he might then be able to continue and reach Britain.

3. The first vessel which he signed on he knew would no go to France, although he was assured that the second vessel "JULIA", which was known as a "Samberspitz" was, in fact, likely to go to that country. It turned out that she did not and it was only after having deserted from that vessel that POSTMA subsequently managed to meet Andre SOMERS, a French boatman who owns a barge called "MAOUNE", sailing between Holland and France and managed to fix up with him to sign on board that vessel. Their meeting came about through POSTMA having often frequented the various hostelries on the quay at Maastricht where he had on several occasions enquired of the landlords if they knew of a convenient vessel for him. One of them informed him that SOMERS was lying near at hand and advised POSTMA to approach him. SOMERS agreed to signing him on and the matter was arranged as POSTMA pointed out at paras. 17 and 18 of the first report.

4. Mention in para. 17 of POSTMA's avoiding the German authorities is quite natural since he had, in fact, deserted ship and was remaining at home without employment.

5. POSTMA had a Rheinschiffers Pass which was made out in German, Dutch and French. He describes it as a document very similar to a Dutch passport with the exception that it contains inside a red stamp of the county council which issued it, in POSTMA's case Baarn.

6. POSTMA pointed out that when he reported at the German Inland Waterways Authorities' Office on the quay in Charleroi, he took with him the passenger list of the vessel since SOMERS did not speak German. The passenger list contained the names of SOMERS, his wife and one child and POSTMA. At first the German official was not sure about the procedure; however, after after the Belgian official, who was present at the time, had assured the German that all was in order, the passenger list was stamped and they were allowed to proceed.

7. With regard to his Rheinschiffers Pass POSTMA stated that he left this document with a Spanish girl, Perpita ROA, whose father keeps a shoe shop in Lerida. He became friendly with her during his sojourn in that town and gave her the pass more as a souvenir than anything else. Miss ROA likewise promised to act as a post-box on his behalf, as he wrote to his parents and did not know where he was likely to be sent by the Allied authorities and felt that he would always be able to obtain information through Miss ROA. According to POSTMA, the ROA shoe shop is used by the Dutch Consular officials who visit Lerida.

8. Concerning the farmer KONING, mentioned at para. 22 of the first report, who lived at La Chapelle de Mont Ligeon, POSTMA stated that he had known this family since before the war as KONING was the father-in-law of POSTMA's vicar, BOS of Baarn and POSTMA had been used to visiting him, while POSTMA's people had had KONING's son Bob, back in Holland at their home.

9. It was there that POSTMA met Miss Guus BRUINZEEL, who was employed by them at the time, and it was she who was acquainted with Miss Okhuizen, POSTMA and Bob KONING went to Paris where they met her at the station.

10. The rest of the escape story which I have gone into to-day is consistent with with that given on the occasion when POSTMA was first interrogated.

11. The organisation contact in Toulouse called "JACQUES" is described by POSTMA as being:

About thirty to thirty-two years of age; about 175 cm in height; medium brown hair; Dutch; and obviously comes from the South.

12. POSTMA stated that he knew DE VOS (RPS 19.743) both by sight and by name, as far back as the days when the latter was going to school at Baarn.

13. With regard to the trace at 3A in the file, POSTMA states that he has never been employed by the police and does not know anyone of the name of POSTMA who resides in Amsterdam. It is taken for granted, therefore, that POSTMA has no connection with the suspect mentioned.

14. Look-ups have been taken out on the further names which arise in this report.


15. I am of the opinion that POSTMA, who appears to have used his own initiative in order to reach the UK, went about the matter in the best way that he knew possible. I see no reason to suspect him on account of the fact that he visited Germany in the course of his work on the Inland Waterways, and consider it only natural that he would want to visit his brother when he was in the neighbourhood of Neckaelz. his brother, incidentally and ten of the workers employed in that town, are billeted at the hostelry known as Gasthaus zum Anker.

16. The means whereby POSTMA managed to obtain contact with Miss Okhuizen, of the Paris escape organisation appears to have been through quite natural channels and, as already stated in the first report, details of the escape from Paris to Spain have been given by Pieter DE VOS (RPS19.743) which agree in all essentials with the account given by POSTMA.


17. Provided, therefore, that no unfavourable information is forthcoming as a result of the look-ups which have been taken out, it is recommended that POSTMA be released for incorporation in the Dutch Forces.

JMB                                                                                                                                E. Trent
26th April, 1944                                                                                                                 Captain


@ PLOEG, Simon

Name: POSTMA, Seerp.
P.? C. 04-05-1944 (MI-5 & C only)
MI-5 advice: Our only information on this applicant is contained in LRC file RPS.19924.
Born: 27-09-1921 Bedum, Holland.
Occupation: Law student.
Nationality: Dutch.
Pte A dd: Fass Eliaslaan 7, Baarn.

Father: Geert Postma, Dutch, Kollum.
Mother: Hantsen Praamsma, Dutch, Bolsward.
Brother: Marinus Gerard Hans.
Sister: Boukje.
Sister Jantje Theodora.
All at address in Baarn.
Brother: Otto, forced labour in Germany.

Remarks: To be trained as agent in the field 05-05-1944.

Landed: 16-03-1944.
SD signed: 11-06-1944.
OSA signed:

N/T-D/CEM-1. Will attend training at SAB 04-05-1944.
O/CE-2-N. Granting permission for the above before completion of vetting formalities 05-05-1944.

SAB Report 08-05-1944:
General: C1.
Intelligence: 7.
Morse: GOOD
Mechanical: GOOD.
Instruction: AVERAGE.

Remarks: A highly vigorous, positive enthusiastic man, full of independence and aggression. He demands very high standard from himself and is easily made impatient by his own mistakes. He is solemn rather humourless and without much imagination, but extremely reliable and well disciplined. he is recommended as a likely sabotage instructor and liaison officer.

C.S. Remarks: Has commenced training at 'A' Group on 11 May 1944. Intend to use as Organiser/Instructor.

Profession: Student.
Family: Father and Mother - last address - Faas Eliaslaan 7, Baarn. 1 brother and 1 sister at home. 1 sister living at Naarden. 1 brother prisoner in Germany. Single.
Languages: Dutch, French and German fluent. English fair.
Hobbies: All sports. Writing storeies.
Areas known: Utrecht, Gooi- en Eemland, Friesland (parts).
Mil. Hist: Nil.
Past Hist: Primary school 1926-1933 at Baarn. 1933-1940 Hilversum. 1940-1943 Amsterdam University Calvanisitic, studying Law. 16-03-1944 arrived England.

STS-24B Sgt. Hartog to Maj. Fyffe 23-05-1944.

This student is very keen and has a good will power. He makes up his mind to do a thing and will do it. He is quite good in his shoot: and very attentive during all lessons. He is keen to gain much knowledge during the course. He has plenty of courage and is got to get back to his country to settle with the Germans for some things they have done to his people. He mentioned to me whether there would be a possibility for him to go over with another student called DE WET   (
DE VET = Pieter de Vos) who is at present at the Radio School, here, they appear to be friends and would like to go over together. As a team they work well together.

STS-25B 16-05-1944.

This student is very keen and takes great interest in the course. He shows special interest in demolition work. His security is good. He is very keen to return to his country to play his part. He appears to have been a student in Holland and has only been a few months in this country. he is a quiet type and uses his common sense.

STS-24B 31-05-1944.

Last week this student got some dirt into a small cut on his right hand. the wound became very inflamed and started to fester with the result that when the doctor examined his hand yesterday morning he was taken into Hospital at Locheilart (
Loch Eilt) where he will have to stay for two days or longer. The fester will either break on its own accord or it will have to be lanced. It is a pity, especially as he is such a good worker and was getting on extremely well. He is very worried that this will prevent him from being fit, for passing on to the Jumping School on the 10th of this month.

STS-HQ to STS-51  07-06-1944.

Will attend course commencing 11-06-1944.

STS-25B  07-06-1944.

This student has returned on the 5th June from the Naval Hospital at L'ocheilart. the poisoned right hand has been lanced and is getting on well. He is only allowed to participate in lectures and not to do any strenuous work. He is very pleased to be back as he is terribly keen to continue the course. He is working hard to make up for lost time and already studied up all lectures which he missed during his absence. He is very enthusiastic and works well, he enjoys the course which is certainly made most interesting for the students.

STS-24B  11-06-1944.

Instructor Remarks: The best all-round student on the course. Unfortunately he missed a wek of the course as he had to go hospital with a poisoned hand. Nevertheless by his enthusiasm and hard work he was able to make up for part of what he lost in his spare time. he has expressed a desire to be a leader of a small band of saboteurs but he would be willing to tackle any job of which you though him capable. He has a tremendous enthusiasm and a fine spirit and I'm sure that with a little more experience he would do his best and tackle any job set him.

Comm's Report: It has been a pleasure to instruct this man. He is very fine type of student with plenty of guts and enthusiasm. Has brain and powers of leadership and should make a good leader.

During World War II, Glaschoille House was requisitioned for training, and used by the Special Operations Executive (SOE) as a Special Training School, designated STS-24B. Its specific function is unknown.

Glaschoille House lies on the Knoydart peninsula, some 3 km west of the village of Inverie, on the north shore of Loch Nevis. The location is genuinely isolated, between Loch Nevis (Heaven) and Loch Hourn (Hell), with access only possible by ferry from Mallaig (45 minutes) to Inverie, or a 20 mile hike across country known as the Rough Bounds.

STS-51  17-06-1944.

This student has only been able to do 2 jumps at the above school in the daytime (1 jump from the balloon and 1 from the plane which he enjoyed very much). Owing to weather conditions he was not able to complete his parachute jumps. He is very eager to return and do the night jump. His security is good. He handles his money well. His morale is good and he does neither smoke or drink. He was very pleased upon arrival at 51, that his hand had sufficiently healed so that he was able to participate in the jumping.

STS-51B  17-06-1944.

This NCO worked very well and showed team spirit. he was very keen to learn all he could in ground training which he carried out well. He is awkward in many aspects of parachuting but his keenness offsets this to a great extent. He received lectures on containers and their disposal and reception committee procedure.


Young and fit and did well all round. A keen worker and well behaved. Training was given in leg bag dropping but it was not found possible to make this descent.

STS-HQ to Group B  29-06-1944.

Will attend course at STS-32B on 02-07-1944. Destined to become organiser in the field,

D/CEM-2 to N  30-06-1944.

No security objection to the above.

STS-51A  30-06-1944.

Returned to complete his course having made two descents previously. Was a little incensed at having to do the ground training again, but his performance was good. Made two descents, one from a balloon with leg bag by day and one from an aircraft by night.


Sgt. Fleming  STS-32B  22-07-1944.

Having left his own country only fairly recently this man has a very clear idea of what he is up against. He is very intelligent and though young appears to have plenty of experience behind him. Very keen on the work and eager to get going. It may be necessary to caution him somewhat as at present he is rather full of ideas such as shooting his way through life and arranging escapes for unfortunate friends who may get caught. He has a tendency to be rather over confident and can be very stubborn and headstrong if he wants to get his own way. At present he is friendly with a Spanish family whom he met whilst staying at his Section's flat. their address is 71 Lancaster Close (?) and Mr. PARR who was informed told me he intended to check up. Later I heard that all members of 33P have got to know this family and unless they all give the same explanation for their occasional presence at the flat, people might begin to wonder.

STS-32B  24-07-1944.

He is above the average in intelligence, quick witten, with a capacity for thinking things out for himself. He has imagination, definite ideas of his own and the energy and drive with which to carry them out. he has high principles and considerable strength of character. Without being vain or conceited he has complete confidence in himself and would not be easily deterred by adverse circumstances. He has a lively and generous personality with a good sense of humour. He is rather an outstanding young man. If anything, he erres on the side of overconfidence and narrowness of view but not seriously and this should be counterbalanced by his common sense and imgaination. He appears well suited for any job requiring initiative, drive and leadership.

Codes: A quick and keen worker but has a tendency to make small mistakes. he should be given an opportunity to practise his conventions.

N advise                                            Left for the field on night of 07/08-08-1944.

Height: 5' 11"; weight 158; chest (normal) 38, expanded 39½; waist 34; seat 42½. Back nape to waist: 17½;
shoulders 9½; elbow 21; wist 31; Leg (outside) 46; Inside 33; head 22½; foot 10.

STS 32B: Blackbridge House, Beaulieu, was a 'finishing school' of the Special Operations Executive (SOE) during the Second World War.


ORDERS FOR:  PLOEG.                                      TOP SECRET                         Copy No. 1.


Messages have been received from the LANDELIJKE ORGANISATIE via the ORDE DIENST and the RAAD VAN VERZET to the effect that they are prepared to undertake resistance activities and mention the disruption of the Dutch Railways and sabotage at the VOLKEL aerodrome. Although the L.O. may be all right, we are not happy as regards the general security of the RVV and the OD. Directions from SHAEF were sent to the RVV in May and from that time, everybody in Holland appears to be aware of these directives. RVV suggests certain sabotage plans, such as the blowing up of the Power Station at DORDRECHT, sabotaging the locks at VREESWIJK, but when they were told to undertake these sabotage acts, they produced excuses. This leads to believe:

I. That the organisations have been penetrated and that therefore the Gestapo are aware of their plans.
II. That communication channels are enemy-controlled.
III. That the organisations are too large and wide-spread to allow for possible success.

A. Operation Name.

The name of your operation is SCULLING and you will be known by this name at the station of your departure.
You will never use this name when you are in the field.

B. Code Names in the Field.

Your field name will be DIRK; this is the only name you or your WT Operator should use in messages from the field and it is the name by which you will be known by other members of the organisation.

The operational code name of your WT Operator is TURNIQUITS and his name in the field will be KAREL.


You will proceed to HOLLAND to the contact given you in Annexe I (
not available) and after satisfying him as your bona-fides, you will explain to him that your mission is to contact the L.O. If he considers the L.O. to be unpenetrated, he should arrange for you contact with them. A special password for you was sent to the L.O. via the RADIODIENST of the RVV, see Annexe II (not available).

You will explain to the L.O. the facts mentioned under "INFORMATION" and that even if our fears are unfounded and although it may be desirable politically for the various underground organisations to work together, it is most important that the sabotage side of the organisations should be separate from the political and intelligence groups. If this is not done, it will lead to misunderstandings, penetration and a total failure of sabotage plans. Acts of sabotage should not be discussed with other groups and when proposals for military sabotage are submitted to us, SHAEF alone will decide whether or not they are to be carried out.

In order that there should be no misunderstanding, you will take with a microprint of the directions sent to the RVV from the Supreme Headquarters of the Allied Expeditionary Force, a copy of which is attached. See Annexe III (
not available).

It is your mission to co-operate with the L.O. and to send us their messages through your WT operator. If your reports are satisfactory, we will arrange to send sabotage instructors and WT operators. You will arrange the dropping grounds and reception committees with them and advise us so that material can be sent.

When you are established with the L.O. you will ask them to give their report on the security aspect of the RVV and if they consider the RVV to be unpenetrated, to ask the RVV for special contact addresses where sabotage instructors and WT operators can be sent.

It is most important that you should not do the contacting or make contacts outside your mission. Personnel previously sent to the field did not listen to us, and in consequence are now in enemy hands. (
Celosse, … and…)

You will take with you a total Hfl. 50.000 to be disposed of as follows:

I. The sum of Hfl. 25.000 for delivery to the L.O.

II. The sum of Hfl. 25.000 and some propaganda material, which you will hand to your first and initial contact as per
    Annexe I (
not available) for delivery to the Clandestine Press.

Reception Committees.

A reception committee should be made up of people of whom you have or can obtain full knowledge and feel absolutely sure. It is imperative that you should bear in mind the security precautions and recruit personnel so that should one man be arrested he will not be in a position to give information which might prejudice other people or the organisation. You should never attend a reception committee unless absolutely necessary.

Once this committee has been formed you will advice us when it is ready to start work, the quantities of containers with which it can safely deal at one time, and also send us for approval at least two suggested dropping points at which reception committees could receive stores on any single night: bearing in mind that if several grounds are accepted it might be found necessary to put all the operations on together on one night at the various dropping points. the size of the committees will be at your own discretion and will depend upon the quantity of material which you wish te receive.


Normally you will use maps of the Netherlands , scale 1:50.000. If, however, you are unable to procure these maps you may use the ANWB maps in the manner in which you have been trained, also giving the distance and bearings of the two nearest villages, towns or places. In any case always give the series number and scale of the map which you are using. See Annexe IV (
not available).

You have been instructed in reception work and as to the type of grounds that are suitable. It is necessary to keep some distance away from anti-aircraft defences and also to avoid zones which are usually patrolled by German night fighters.

Lighting System.

See Annexe IV (
not available) for instructions as to the lighting system you must use.

Convention to be used by Committee.

You will receive a microprint of the conventions you must use. See Annexe V (
not available).


During the July/August moon period you and KAREL will be dropped together in HOLLAND at a point which will be explained to you prior to your departure.

Immediately upon landing you will burry your parachute and equipment: the wireless sets will be buried separately and if possible, in such a place as can easily be recognised, so that they can be collected by a third party if necessary. If you wish you may bury your revolver with the WT sets.


Initial contact on landing see Annexe I (
not available).

Initial contact and or the organisation see Annexe I (
not available).


At your own choice; you will be responsible for installing your WT operator in a safe house and later safe houses from which he can transmit.

You will then make the desired contacts. In the meantime you will arrange for your WT operator to go to another safe address and he will keep in touch with you through a system of cut-outs. It will be well if neither of you knows where the other is living.

You must remember that he has not been in HOLLAND for a considerable time; you will therefore give him every assistance in establishing himself and will see that he is taken care of until he is thoroughly acclimatised and confident of being able to live on his own in the country without drawing attention to himself.


You will take with you the sum Hfl. 50.000 disposal of which has been dealt with in the "INTENTION".

You will also have Hfl. 5.000 for your own use and your partner will have the same sum. You will each have as well
Ffrs. 2.500 and Bfrs. 2.500 for use should you require it in an emergency.

The propaganda material contains a message from H.M. the Queen of the Netherlands for the Clandestine Press, also photograph of Her Majesty. There is also a microprint relative to listening posts in HOLLAND as per Annexe VI
not available). It is not your concern; you will simply hand these over to your contact of the Clandestine Press.

c. Messages by WT

In order to maintain the security of your WT operator it is essential that your messages should be kept as short as possible and limited to important information connection with your mission. Records of messages exchanged should not be kept.

d. Innocent letter.

I. Code: You will use the convention which you have been taught. see Annexe XII (
not available).

II. Address: You will send your innocent letter to an address as per Annexe X (
not available).

III. Signatures: You will sign your innocent letter DIRK: if we write to you we will sign GRETA.

e. BBC Messages.

On the first, second and third days and on the two following Sundays wel shall broadcast as per Annexe XIII (
not available). This will serve to prove your bona fides.

f. Emergency Address

It is important that we should remain in contact with you and, if possible, you should give us an address before you leave for the field. If you are unable to do this, you should let us have the address at the first possible moment by wireless.

Password; see Annexe X (
not available).
Reply: see Annexe X (
not available).

Should you and your WT operator lose each other on landing, you should meet at your initial contact as per Annexe I
not available).

g. Pigeons

You and KAREL will each tale a pigeon with you by which you can send messages advising us of a safe landing. pigeons can also be sent later to your reception committees. By this method you will be able to send us long and coded messages or even film negatives of printed matter, plans, etc, etc.

h. Security.

If we have reason to suppose that you have been arrested and that the Germans are working the transmitter we will ask you an "innocent question". If you are safe you will give us the correct answer, but if we do not receive the correct answer we shall presume that you are in enemy hands, See Annexe XII (
not available) for the question and reply.


Your rank on leaving this country will be 2/Lt. and your salary will be credited to your account with the Dutch Government.

LONDON, 28th July 1944.


33.P.9                                                                                                                                S. PLOEG.


04-05-1944 - Averard Hotel.
05-05-1944 - S.A.B.
09-05-1944 - Averard Hotel.
11-05-1944 - Group A.
11-06-1944 - STS 51.
17-06-1944 - Flat.
27-06-1944 - STS 51.
30-06-1944 - Park View Hotel.
02-07-1944 - Group B.
22-07-1944 - Group B (Scheme).
27-07-1944 - Flat.
07-08-1944 - STS 61.

7/8-08-1944 - In the field.


POSTMA, Seerp                                                  P.O.W. Card                                            Dutch Section

Born: BEDUM, 27-09-1921

Alias: PLOEG, Simon @ DIRK

Sent: From UK 07-08-1944.

Arrested on 23 November 1944. Information was sent by his WT operator in a telegram. On 20 December 1944, CUBBING (
Maarten Cieremans) one of our WT operators, reported that agent was murdered by the SS at APELDOON on 1 December 1944.

Height: 5'11". Oval face: broad receding forehead: blue-green eyes: straight nose: full mouth: round chin: thin, fair hair: wears glasses.

Prince Bernhard had ordered the different resistance organisations to merge. Albert Krikke of resistance district of Utrecht organised a meeting to discuss this order. He order his deputy Cor Been to arrange this meeting and to invite all rayon- and district chiefs. On November 22nd all these chiefs are in a room of the Chamber of Commerce building in Utrecht. Next to Seerp Postma are present Jacob Vos, Johannes van zanten (alias Van Buren) chief of the Betuwe KP and Gerit Westdijk (alias Bob van Oostrom). Also present are SOE agent Maarten Cieremans (alias Ben) and Ome Jan (Uncle Jan) a policeman from Jutphaas. The Germans, however, do know about the meeting. A invitation for the meeting was found on a young courier, Lenie Mostert. German soldiers and SS member have surrounded the building and storm inside. All are being arrested, except for Cieremans and Ome Jan who are hiding on top of a large cupboard on the attic. The ones arrested are moved to the Willem III barracks in Apeldoorn during the night. That same night they are being interrogated and tortured.
Two top resistance men, Frank van Bijnen and Samuel Esmeijer are carrying out a recce to find out if the prisoner can be liberated. Both are caught by the Germans, Esmeijer is shot and Van Bijnen is mortally wounded. Now the Germans know there is a possibility that the resistance will try to liberate the men. So on Saturday morning December 2nd 1944. The Belgian SD man Eugeen Dirckx picks up SS Untersturmführer Wigger and takes him to the spot where the prisoners will be executed.  Leader of the execution platoon is Oberleutnant Adolf Glück, commander of the Willem III barracks.
The 13 prisoners are taken from their cells and handcuffed. In three groups they march under the command of SS-Oberscharführer Bender to the Sportlaan and here Wigger tells them they will be executed. Among the men of the last group that will be executed is the American flyer Bill Moore. He protests again the execution because he is a POW. Glück says "We will help him bombing women and children" and shoots Moore in the back with a machinepistol.

* Adolf Glück was brought to trial in Arnhem, Holland on the 3rd March 1950 for the executions and was sentenced to a 3 year jail term. he was deported to Germany on the 25th May 1951.

* Eugeen Dirckx was sentenced in Belgium, released in 1958. he died in 2010.

* Hubert Wigger, no known facts.

* Bender, no known facts.


                                                                                                                                     JULY 1945



No. 4282 Royal Netherlands Army.

Subject was parachuted into enemy-occupied Holland on 8th August 1944 with the mission of contacting a Resistance Group, organising communications and eventually the arming of these elements. His mission required particular care in view of the conditions prevailing in many Resistance Groups in Holland at the time, and the uncertainty as to the extent of enemy penetration of such groups.
Subject was fully successful in his initial task and he established himself in central Holland from whence he was able to communicate with the UK by WT and where he proceeded to organise the arming of local resistance by means of airborne supplies from the UK. he was captured by the enemy in November 1944 and was shot by them soon afterwards.
The valuable pioneer work performed by subject had been so well organised that his successor was enabled to take over and carry on with the supply and arming of what proved to be one of the best resistance circuits. the very high opinion which had been formed of subject during his training in this country was ample justified by his splendid performance in de field.

However de story below, written by Hil Schipper shows a different picture.

Seerp Postma.

Seerp was bij Kees Haeck (
Oom Kees) aan komen lopen en deze stuurde hem door naar Hil Schipper waar hij uiterst gespannen aankwam.

Hil hierover: "Deze Sep (
Postma) kwam in uiterst zenuwachtige toestand bij mij aan. Hij was in augustus 1944 geparachuteerd in de Wieringermeer. Hij miste echter zijn zendmateriaal, ging op pad naar het zuiden. (Hij bezocht onder andere ook Mr. Holla in Vught), raakte zijn operator kwijt en was weer teruggekomen in het noorden. Liep al vijf of zes weken te zoeken naar een contact, maar kon niets bereiken. Hij kwam bij mij aan, gestuurd door Oom Kees en wilde onmiddellijk contact met HANS (Tobias Biallosterski, missie Draughts). Hij vertelde dat hij een paar gewichtige zendingen had voor Hans en een paar terreinen had door te geven. Op dat moment dat ik echter van Hans de volledige bevoegdheid om mij over al het illegale werk in Noord-Holland boven het IJ te laten inlichten en ik was door Hans benoemd als CAT (Commandant Afwerp Terreinen).
Ik deelde dit mee aan Sep die mij toen de locatie van twee terreinen opgaf. De eerste was een terrein gelegen in de Wieringermeer vlak bij Opperdoes, waar een stevige Duitse stelling lag. Het tweede was het oude terrein onder Ursem waar men reeds enkele malen met grote lichten had geseind, waardoor het compleet onverantwoord was geworden vanwege de publiciteit. Onmiddellijk liet ik dus Hans weten dat ik deze terreinen per se weigerde vanwege de ongeschiktheid.
Sep eiste dat ik hem die zelfde middag bij Hans zou laten brengen of tenminste diens adres opgeven. Ik vond Sep hyper nerveus en al te geagiteerd, terwijl ik niet wist of Hans er wel prijs op zou stellen wanneer ik hem pardoes op zijn adres afstuurde. Ik zei Sep dus dat ik niet verantwoordelijk was hem zo maar zonder meer door te laten op het adres van Hans. Sep beweerde dat hij die verantwoording op zich nam. Ik vond hem echter te nerveus en vroeg hem een paar dagen te wachten tot ik bericht terug had van Hans, terwijl ik hem liet weten dat het toch niet op een paar dagen aankwam, daar hij al vijf of zes weken verloren had.
Sep was echter niet tot rede te brengen. Ten einde raad heb ik hem meegegeven met mijn koerier naar Midden-Beemster, de boodschap aan de koerier van Hans was om Sep te brengen naar een neutraal correspondentie adres in, of in de buurt van, Amsterdam en niet rechtstreeks naar Hans, het aan Hans te melden en diens orders af te wachten. Eindelijk accepteerde Sep dit. We hadden echter pech want om de een of andere reden was die dag de koerier van Hans niet in Midden-Beemster.
Sep meende (alles zenuwen) niet te kunnen wachten en ging er vandoor met achterlating van een paar correspondentie adressen, die ik later weer aan Hans doorgaf. Later heeft Hans weer contact met Sep gekregen. Sep heeft later gewerkt in Utrecht, waar hij, naar ik hoorde, tezamen met een groot deel van het Gewestelijk BS Commando tijdens een grote vergadering is gepakt en later (
in Apeldoorn) om het leven is gekomen".

This is the story how Hil Schipper (
Chief Dropping Fields) met agent Seerp Postma, aka Witte Dirk.

Postma contacted Kees Haeck in North-Holland who was a friend and resistance comrade of Hil Schipper. Mr. Haeck didn't know what to do about Postma and he told Postma to contact Hil Schipper in the village of Spanbroek.
Postma arrived at Hil's house and was extremely nervous. He had been parachuted into North-Holland on August 8th 1944 along with his WT operator Gerrit Reisiger, aka Karel. They had lost their wireless sets and travelled down south.
He met Mr. Holla in Vught, but during this trip also lost his WT operator. Desperately he travelled back to North-Holland looking for a contact for six weeks.
When he arrived at Hil's house he demanded to be taken to Tobias Biallosterski (
SOE mission Draughts).
How did he know that Tobias was in Holland?
Hil didn't want to take any risk with this nervous young man and he didn't send him to Tobias directly. Instead he had him transported by his courier to Midden-Beemster along with message for Tobias about the whole affair.
Postma was told to wait a few days in Midden-Beemster so Tobias would be able to answer Hil's note about Postma. Postma's nerves however took the overhand and he disappeared from Midden-Beemster, leaving just a few contact addresses behind.
This is how Madeline van Geuns (
courier of Tobias) was able to track Postma down. When he was found in Rotterdam he was ordered (by whom?), along with his WT operator, who had surfaced as well, to travel to Utrecht and assist the resistance over there.
He was arrested during a meeting with a lot of resistance commanders in Utrecht and was later murdered in Apeldoorn.

To understand this story one has to know that Postma and Reisiger were dropped "blind", so there was no reception commitee and no one to take them to a safe house. They were completely on their own, had to burry their parachutes, the wireless sets and leave the dropping field as quickly as possible.
Had someone stolen their WT sets and is that the reason they were not able to contact London?